Workplace Experience Lead
Workplace, Operator, Team Events, Coordination, Employee Experience
Workplace Experience Lead
At dYdX you’ll have an opportunity to build state-of-the-art decentralized technology that will redefine global financial markets. By joining us at this early stage you will make fundamental decisions that will shape the course of dYdX.
- We’ve built the world’s leading decentralized exchange for advanced trading of crypto assets
- dYdX is founded by an ex-Coinbase, ex-Uber engineer, with a Princeton CS background. Our team has previous experience at Google, Bloomberg, Amazon, Lyft, NerdWallet, Facebook and other top companies
- We’re a world-class team with top backers and advisors, including Andreessen Horowitz, Polychain Capital, Brian Armstrong, Fred Ehrsam, Naval Ravikant, Elad Gil and more
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
We’re looking for someone who is extremely proactive, highly organized, and can create memorable memories for our team and manage our day to day office operations. More importantly, we’re looking for someone who can embody our culture which we would describe as: fun, kind, nerdy, “work hard play hard” mentality, and sometimes “chaotic” (with our late night karaoke and daily super smash bros). Our Workplace Experience Lead will be one of the main culture carriers at dYdX with the natural inclination to rally the team together and elevate our workplace and employee experience.
- Build an exceptional in person culture by being one of our main culture carriers for the team
- Proactively plan weekly in person team events for NYC and monthly events for our remote team that are aligned with our culture and team preferences
- Rally and energize the team to participate in weekly team events, team lunches, etc.
- Elevate the workplace experience by providing memorable experiences and generating excitement and engagement; be a welcoming presence for our employees and guests
- Build personal and genuine relationships with everyone at the company to deeply understand what the team needs
- Handle the day to day workplace operations in our NYC and San Francisco offices to ensure the offices are running smoothly and efficiently, delivering a high level of service to our employees. This includes: office move coordination, grocery delivery, ordering office supplies, daily lunch orders, office clean-up and organization, office repairs / projects as needed, mail, shipping and receiving, etc.
- Support onsite / offsite events as needed
- Develop and manage a strong relationship with the on-site property management teams in NYC and SF, and partner with those teams for day-to-day activities
- Source and coordinate with appropriate vendors
- Someone who strongly embodies our culture: fun, kind, nerdy, “work hard play hard” mentality, and sometimes “chaotic” (with our late night karaoke and daily super smash bros)
- Someone who has strong personality fit for this role: infectious energy, outgoing, and excited to rally the team to participate in in-person events
- High EQ, situational awareness, empathetic, and frequently described as a “people-person”
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Independent, self-motivated and has the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent at relationship building with the ability to recognize and execute on company needs
- Ability to be creative, problem solve and deliver strong results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in event planning e.g. – plan weekly team events for NYC and monthly events for our remote team, happy hours, company game nights, etc.
- 3-5 years of experience working in a workplace, office management, or facilities coordinator role to help create a first class employee experience
- Experience in building strong in person culture
- Willingness to work in our New York office 5 days per week; travel to, and work in, our San Francisco office as needed
- Proficiency with G Suite (Gmail, Google Docs, Sheets, etc.)
NICE TO HAVE:
- Interest in crypto
- Experience working at a fast-paced startup
Salary range for this role is $130K to $170K USD (NY). Compensation subject to experience and location. Published salary bands pursuant to transparency laws, and do not include possible variable compensation such as annual merit increases, bonus eligibility, commission, or equity incentive.