USA – REMOTE
Senior Revenue Accountant
MoonPay, Revenue Accountant
About MoonPay 🌖💸
We are MoonPay. Architects of the future, inventors, artists, and authors of innovation.
Our vision? To unlock digital ownership for everyone. We are onboarding the world to web3, where people can own and control their digital identity, data, property, and money.
MoonPay is the world’s leading web3 infrastructure company. We provide end-to-end solutions for payments, enterprise-scale smart contract development, and digital asset management. Many of the world’s most iconic brands rely on MoonPay to power their web3 strategies and ideas.
Now boarding the next generation of leaders. Come help us build what’s next.
Locations Supported 🌍
New York, Miami, San Francisco, Seattle, Remote.
This role will be remote, with the option for hybrid in person work if you are located near one of our MoonBase locations in Miami or New York, or near other team employees in San Francisco or Seattle.
About the Opportunity ✍️
As the Company is growing in payments volume and continuously launching new products in new global jurisdictions, so are the responsibilities across the revenue accounting team. In this role, you will be reporting to the Revenue Accounting Manager and directly supporting all financial reporting efforts across the revenue accounting team with opportunities to learn, grow and bring your experience across general GAAP accounting, ASC 606 revenue recognition, and be on the leading edge of the product and business landscapes of fintech, payments and digital assets.
What you will do…
- Directly execute and support monthly journal entries and reporting of revenue and cost of sales for the core crypto on and off-ramp business and other new products as launched
- Perform month-end reconciliations and various flux analysis across all revenue-related accounts
- Lead various process improvement and automation initiatives
- Support various compliance and financial reporting audits
- Work directly with our data and product teams to enhance data visibility and effectiveness for revenue reporting processes
- Work with our non-core businesses in recognizing performance-based revenue and dealing with billings and collections for accounts receivable
About You 🙋
We are looking for a self-starter who is eager to get their hands dirty in data, revenue accounting, and the world of digital payments. Someone who is detail oriented, curious and willing to ask hard questions to accomplish tasks and get to the bottom of things. Maybe you are coming from public accounting and looking for your exit opportunity, or you have shown growth in your industry role and are looking for the next interesting opportunity to push you further in your development. Someone likely with 2-5 years of accounting/finance experience, with any relevant exposure to MoonPay’s industry welcomed but not required.
Most importantly, though, you will embody the core principles that everyone here at the MoonPay lives by. Our “BLOCK Values” are at the heart of everything we do – and they are…
B – Be Humble
L – Lead with Empathy
O – Own It
C – Communicate with Clarity
K – Kaizen
What you will need…
- Experience with any of ASC 606 revenue recognition, accounts receivable, subscription (SaaS) billings and deferred revenue, margin accounting, US GAAP
- Intermediate experience with SQL, any familiarity with SQL beneficial
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Experience working with large data sets, any experience specifically with BigQuery or Looker is a plus
- Experience in cryptocurrencies / digital assets, payments and/or fintech is a plus
- Experience with Sage Intacct and/or Floqast is a plus, or other larger ERP systems
- An approach to work that shows you are driven, curious, outcome-driven and a team player
Research has shown that women are less likely than men to apply for this role if they do not have experience in 100% of these areas. Please know that this list is indicative, and that we would still love to hear from you even if you feel that you are only a 75% match. Skills can be learnt, diversity cannot.
Equity package 📈
Unlimited holidays 🏝
Paid parental leave 👶 🍼
Annual training budget 💻
Home office setup allowance 🪑
Working in a disruptive and fast-growing industry where the possibilities are endless 🚀
Freedom, autonomy and responsibility 💪
Commitment to diversity:
At MoonPay we believe that every voice matters. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination. That’s why we are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and are a proud equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including, but not limited to, hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, and leave of absence.
MoonPay is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations in our job application procedures for qualified individuals with disabilities. Please inform our Talent Team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
If you would like to post a job opening on Web3 Builders, please send us the relevant information via email. It will be reviewed and posted.