We are the team of contributors at the Optimism Foundation. Our mission is to bootstrap the decentralized governance and development of the Optimism Collective.
We’re looking for a technical leader to own and grow Optimism’s core development program. This individual will be responsible for stewarding development of the OP Stack by coordinating between high-caliber engineering organizations across the Collective. This role requires a unique blend of engineering leadership, technical expertise, and open source management skills.
- Work with leadership at OP Labs, Optimism Foundation, and the Collective community to draft a comprehensive roadmap for the OP Stack.
- Help define requirements and product specifications of key features on the roadmap.
- Coordinate between Optimism’s core development teams to assign projects, drive progress, unblock teams, and ensure quality delivery of key roadmap features.
- Facilitate open discussion of Optimism’s roadmap, prioritization, and execution plan.
- Communicate broadly with the Optimism community to share progress and create awareness of upcoming technical milestones.
Community & Contribution Management
- Recruit core development teams, help them get up and running, and overall be responsible for their success as contributors to the OP Stack.
- Help core devs be successful. Connect engineering teams with the right resources to answer their questions, make sure projects are clearly defined, and identify where process prevents progress.
- Track open RFPs and manage relationships with the external teams working on them.
- Work with OP Labs Engineering team and Foundation’s Contributions team to define and iterate on open source contribution processes & guidelines.
- Support protocol upgrade governance proposals by writing documentation, answering questions, hosting community calls, and generally creating buy-in throughout Token House and Citizens’ House voters/delegates.
- Experience coordinating and delivering complex large-scale software projects. Maybe you’ve worked as a principal engineer, engineering manager, CTO, or technical program manager.
- Strong technical background with a solid understanding of web3 software development, blockchain platforms, and system design.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex technical concepts clearly and effectively.
- Experience with core development processes or open source software maintenance is a plus, but not required.
- Ability to work outside the United States.